Where to Get information about a Property?
Buyer can confirm the following property information by search on the Internet, real estate agents, developers and the current owner and when necessary seek the service of a conveyancing lawyer:
- Name of current property owner and his/her ownership right
- Property age, gross area and saleable area of the property
- Information of area and environment surrounding the property
- Current property situation(owner occupied or leased)
- Current usage of the property: whether the use of the property is specified as residential
- Rates, Government rent, property maintenance cost and management fee,etc.
- Illegal structure (e.g. altered balcony) and maintenance order
- Consult the bank if the property can be mortgaged